In an effort to eliminate confusion and simplify the application process, The Department of Art will be making some changes to the Art Talent awards. These include:
- There will be one application deadline for all Art Majors including continuing students, transfer students and incoming freshmen.
- Awards will be for the next Academic Year.
- Students will be required campus-wide to take 12 credits to receive a scholarship or talent award. Students taking 6-11.5 credits will have any award money prorated.
- To qualify for an Art Talent Award you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Students may have up to 140 credits to apply for an Art Talent Award.
- Art Talent Awards will be awarded for 2 semesters of the Academic Year. Students will need to indicate on their Award application which semesters they will be attending. If students change semesters after the awards have been decided, we will not be able to accommodate those changes.
- Total scholarships/awards will not be able to exceed full tuition.
All Art Majors are eligible to apply for a limited number of partial-tuition awards. Scholarships are for two semesters. Portfolio reviews are held once each year, with awards being given the following academic year. Each student needs to complete the application and turn in a portfolio by the due date.
Due Date for 2021-22 Scholarship Applications: March 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm in Spori 316.