Incoming Freshmen Scholarships
In an effort to eliminate confusion and simplify the application process, The Department of Art will be making some changes to the Art Talent awards. These include:
- There will be one application deadline for all Art Majors including continuing students, transfer students and incoming freshmen.
- The awards will be for the next Academic Year (Fall 2018-Spring 2019).
- Students will be required campus-wide, beginning Fall 2016, to take 14 credits to receive a scholarship or talent award. These will no longer be pro-rated for students taking less than 14 credits. If you are taking 14 credits or more, you qualify, less than 14 credits, you don’t.
- To qualify for an Art Talent Award you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Art Talent Awards will be awarded for 2 semesters of the Academic Year. Students will need to indicate on their Award application which semesters they will be attending. If students change semesters after the awards have been decided, we will not be able to accommodate those changes.
- Total scholarships/awards will not be able to exceed full tuition.
All Art Majors are eligible to apply for a limited number of partial-tuition awards. Portfolio reviews are held once each year, with awards being given the following academic year. Each student needs to complete the application and turn in a portfolio by the due date.
To apply for this scholarship, portfolios must be received by the Department of Art Office (Spori 316) by May 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.