- B.S., Food Science, Brigham Young University, 1992
- M.S., Food Science (Lipid Emphasis), Brigham Young University, 1995
- Ph.D., Food Chemistry (Carbohydrate Emphasis), Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research, Purdue University, 1998
- Food Chemistry, Food Carbohydrates, Polysaccharides & Gums
- Starch Chemistry, Starch Granule Structure, Starch Chemical Modification, Resistant Starch Technology, Starch Structure/Function Relationships
- Potato Chemistry and Processing, Cereal Chemistry
- Product Development, Sensory Evaluation
- Faculty, Department of Food and Animal Science, Brigham Young University-Idaho, August 2013 – present.
- Adjunct Professor, Bi-state School of Food Science, University of Idaho/Washington State University, August 2013 – present.
- Professor, Bi-state School of Food Science, University of Idaho, July 2011 – August 2013.
- Associate Professor, Department of Food Science & Toxicology, University of Idaho, July 2004 – June 2011.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Food Science & Toxicology, University of Idaho, November 1998 – June 2004.
- HFED 364: Intro to Food Science
- FS 350: Food Chemistry
- FS 450: Food Analysis
- FS 490: Food Product Development
- FS 499R: Food Science Research