What is business management?
Business management focuses on the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary for someone to make an immediate contribution in the workplace and to rapidly grow into leadership positions in his or her organization. Students of business management acquire skills in technological literacy, international trade, quantitative analysis, problem solving, project management, written and oral communication, teamwork, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
Why should I consider majoring in business management?
The Business Management Program helps students make an immediate contribution in the workplace, rapidly grow into leadership positions in their organizations by giving them hands-on training. The program partners with industry and non-profit organizations to provide mentoring, seminars, consulting projects and internships that allow students to apply what they have learned from case studies and classroom discussion. Graduating students will emerge with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, technological and global literacy, along with key communication and problem-solving skills.
What interests and values are related to business management?
Business management students should be creative, independent thinkers, good decision makers and good communicators. They should desire to develop their knowledge of economics and social science, along with their quantitative abilities. Business management students should be good leaders, who are persuasive and have good analytical abilities. They should have good interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
What career fields are related to business management?
- Accounting & Related Services
- Agribusiness Operations
- Agricultural Business & Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Agriculture, Other
- Business & Corporate Communications
- Business Administration/Management/Operations
- Business Teacher Education
- Business, Management & Marketing Services
- Business/Managerial Economics
- Family & Consumer Business Services
- Farm & Ranch Management
- Financial Management Services
- Information Processing/Data Entry Technology
- International Agriculture
- International Business Management
- Management Information Systems/Services
- Office Supervision & Management
- Operations Management & Supervision
- Secretarial Science/Administrative Assisting
- Small Business Management/Operations
- Specialized Product Sales Operations
- Technical & Business Writing
- Trade & Industrial Teacher Education