Accounting Department Internship Requirements*
General information about university requirements and registration for internships can be found on the BYU-Idaho Internship page.
Accounting majors are required to complete one internship for 3 credits. Students must be registered for ACCTG 398R during their internship and complete all necessary coursework. Past experience will not be counted toward an internship. If a student doesn't complete his or her homework assignments, he or she will not pass the internship and therefore not be eligible to graduate.
If you are an international student and are in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa, you will need approval and work authorization from International Services before starting an internship.
The student is responsible to:
- Complete necessary prerequisites for the internship experience.
- Find an internship/job opportunity.
- Read the instructions regarding internships.
- Go to the BYU-Idaho Internship site and complete the Initial Internship Approval process as outlined under Get My Internship Approved.
- Ensure employer/internship provider signs the Master Internship Agreement with BYU-Idaho. When Internship Request is submitted, an email with the Master Agreement will be sent to the supervisor email listed in the request. It is extremely important the email is correct so that the Master Agreement reaches the person responsible for signing this document.
- When the internship is approved, the BYU-Idaho Internship Office will send you an email letting you know you can register yourself for the internship.
Many questions may be answered on BYU-Idaho’s Internships FAQ
Link to FAQ page: https://www.byui.edu/career/students/internships/internship-faq
Accounting Department Internship Coordinator:
409 Smith Building
*If you do not have a document reader, we recommend Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader.