Student Nutrition Incentive Program
The Wellness Center is hosting a Nutrition program which will help you reach your desired weight while eating properly. Build a better self image, have more energy throughout the day, learn how to eat to maintain your ideal weight and win prizes! To learn more, head down to the Wellness Center located in HART 152 or call us at 496-7491.
- Portion Control Being aware of not only what you eat, but how much can be a huge life saver during the holidays. Instead of foregoing that piece of pie, limit yourself to one piece, and then fill up on more nutrient dense foods like salad and vegetables.
- Beware of Appetizers creamy and cheesy dips are often loaded with butter, cream cheeses and other fats. For a healthier version use low fat milk, sour cream, cheese, etc. Instead of crackers, try dipping with vegetables like baby carrots, celery, or peppers.
- Stay hydrated People who drink water throughout the day are less likely to consume as many calories as those who do not. The reason? Sometimes the body confuses thirst with hunger, leading you to eat when in actuality you just need a little more H20.
- Sugar everywhere! It's a common fact that the Christmas brings with it fudge, candy canes, sugar cookies, and neighbors at your door with plates of goodies. It's okay to enjoy some holiday sweets, but don't go overboard. Limit yourself to one or two a day, a surefire way to keep you on track.
- Keep perspective sometimes we think Thanksgiving is a time to load up and stuff ourselves to the max. This year, instead of going crazy with the potatoes, keep in mind the family and friends around you. Making yourself aware of the reason for celebrating will help take the focus off the food and onto what is really important. Likewise with Christmas, instead of indulging constantly on holiday cookies, lose yourself in service and enjoy time with loved ones.