International Transfer Credit
Transcripts from international schools will not be evaluated until the following conditions are met:
- The student has accepted their admission to BYU—Idaho.
- The student provides a transcript and course description of classes completed.
- All transcripts and course descriptions must be in English. Translated versions will only be accepted when one of the following conditions are met:
- The sending university provides an English translation.
- The transcripts are translated by a qualified, independent third-party (not family) translator.
- A private credential evaluation company is used.
- The student’s institution is recognized by its country’s governing board as an accredited institution, and it is similar in nature to a college or university in the United States. Institutions primarily focused on vocational and technical training are generally not transferable.
Once conditions are met, transcript evaluators in the Student Records and Registration Office will evaluate courses for equivalency at BYU—Idaho. Classes with failing grades will not be accepted. Courses without an equivalent BYU—Idaho course will not be transferred to the University for credit consideration. All grades are changed to pass or fail grades. English classes taken outside of a United States university will not be accepted for meeting English requirements at BYU—Idaho.
BYU—Idaho considers evaluation of courses only with an official college or university transcript. Official transcripts are transcripts mailed in a sealed envelope from the institution or through a secured electronic transmission. BYU—Idaho will not evaluate transcripts submitted via fax or any other method deemed unsecure by the University.
Official transcripts should be sent from previously attended colleges and universities by the application deadline to the Admissions Office.
Brigham Young University—Idaho
Kimball Building 120-1615
Rexburg, ID 83460
The following websites are examples of (but not the only) resources to have international credit independently evaluated:
It is advised that you refer to the admission requirements for international students.
Independence Day Holiday - No Classes
Last day to withdraw completely from Second Block classes and receive a pro-rated tuition refund.
Last day to withdraw from individual Second Block classes and receive a "W" grade and not the grade earned.
Last day to withdraw completely from school and receive a "W" grade and not the grade earned.
Last day for student enrolled only in 2nd Block classes to withdraw from all classes and receive a "W" grade and not the grade earned.
Last day of classes.
Graduation Commencement & Convocations.
Spring Semester officially ends.
For any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions please call us at (208) 496-1026