What are the rules of the Testing Center?
1. Present your I-Card
2. Observe BYU-Idaho Dress & Grooming Standards
3. Turn off all cell phones and electronic devices
4. Take out all approved testing items*
5. Store all of your personal items under your seat
6. Use only approved testing items*
7. Access only your test and approved websites
8. Food and drinks are not allowed
9. Leave large items** at home
*Approved testing items include any items your instructor has approved for use on your exam.
**Large items include art portfolios, musical instruments, skateboards, scooters, etc.
How do I request a special testing room?
There are special testing rooms designed for students needing accommodations. Permission to schedule these rooms is granted by Disability Services (208-496-9210) . Once permission is granted, an email will be sent outlining the scheduling procedure.
When is the Testing Center Open?
The Testing Center is open every week, Monday through Saturday. The Testing Center is closed on
· LDS General Conference Saturdays
· Paid BYU-Idaho Holidays The Testing Center has limited hours during Christmas and Summer Sessions.
Call 208-496-1750 for more information.
What time does the Testing Center close?
The Testing Center doors close at:
· 5:00 PM on Mondays and Saturdays
· 9:00 PM on Tuesdays-Fridays
There are often longer lines near closing time, so please plan accordingly. Even though the doors close, the Testing Center is open for students already taking their exams so they can complete their tests until:
· 6:00 PM on Mondays and Saturdays
· 10:00 PM on Tuesdays-Fridays
Can I use the restroom or get a drink in the middle of a test?
Yes, if you need to use the restroom or get a drink, please place your answer sheet underneath your test and leave it and any permissible test aids on your desk so that you can return to them later.
Why do the proctors walk up and down the aisles?
Proctors are there to act as proxies for your instructors. They provide the passwords for computer-based exams and other items students may need. In addition, they ensure the aisles are clear and maintain the integrity of the test itself. All allowable test aids are written on your cover sheet and/or answer sheet. They often look to make sure you are following the instructions you were given.
When is the best time to test in the Testing Center?
Most people prefer to use the Testing Center when it is not busy. This typically occurs daily between the hours of 8:00AM and 11:00AM. Some of the busiest times are right before closing on Mondays and Saturdays and right after Devotional on Tuesdays.