All exams are scheduled through Testing Assessment Records System, or TARS. Please click the link below to get started.
1. All tests must be scheduled in advance. Tests are scheduled on a first come first served basis.
2. The deadline for submitting Paper/Pencil tests is 2 business days before the test is to open.
3. All final exams must remain open until the last day of finals.
The Testing Center, in conjunction with the Center for Teaching and learning in Provo, makes the following handbooks available to help faculty write better tests.
- How to Prepare Better Tests: Guidelines for University Faculty (121k)
A complete guide to improve tests and scoring.
- How to Prepare Better Multiple-Choice Test Items: Guidelines for University Faculty (135k)
A detailed guide to help you make better multiple-choice questions.
- 14 Rules for Writing Multiple-Choice Questions (120k)
- Multiple-Choice Item-Writing Guidelines (Haladyna and Downing) (86k)
- Research Studies about Multiple-Choice Writing (74k)
- Preparing Effective Essay Questions Revised May 18, 2003 (291k)
A detailed guide to help you make better essay questions.
- Increasing Learning When Returning Exams (148k)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view these files.