Basic Info about the Interviews
- Partner School Interviews are like a job interview. You should be professional and come prepared. Your student teaching placement will be determined by your interviews.
- If you will not be in the Southeast Idaho area on these dates, we highly recommend that you find a way to come. If you are unable to attend, Google+ interviews will be arranged.
How to Prepare
- Mark the date, Fall 2015/Winter 2016-Local Interviews: March 19, 2015; Distant Site Interviews: March 24-25, 2015. A meet and greet will be held March 23, 2015 in the Taylor Cultural Hall. Visit our Facebook page for more details.
- Research all of the BYU-Idaho Partner Schools. determine who you would like to interview with.
- Start preparing your resume. If you need help please contact the Career Services center on campus.
- Attend mock/practice interviews through the Career Services center on campus.
- If you do not have a copy of your personal bio, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
- Watch for an email about how to schedule interviews.
- Sign-up times are February 23-March 11 at midnight. Interview slots are limited, first-come-first-serve
- ECSE students cannot sign up for elementary school interview time slots.
- Students will not be able to sign up back-to-back. If a student signs-up for back-to-back appointments the field services offices will automatically drop the second appointment to ensure both appointments can be attended.
- A resume' or personal bio may be uploaded in Career Navigator when signing up for interviews and asks for a resume'. Career Navigator will accept either document. Please bring a copy of your personal bio to each of the interviews you schedule, students are not required to bring a resume' to their interviews.