- All found items on the BYU-Idaho campus are to be turned in to the Ask BYUI Lost & Found, located on the 2nd floor of the Manwaring Center
- Items can be turned in during business hours (8am – 5pm) or after hours using the after-hours drop box.
- Items can also be taken to the Custodial Office in each building before 8:30 a.m. each day.
- Custodial will deliver lost items each morning to Lost & Found.
- All other academic and campus departments are prohibited from maintaining their own lost and found.
- Departments with high-end valuables (cash, credit cards, laptops, i-pads, etc.) may drop these items off in person or may contact Lost and Found at 496-1404 to make arrangements to have these items picked up.
- Two Ask BYUI employees will pick up these items and take them to Lost & Found where they will be logged into a computer system and securely stored.
- High-end valuables dropped off at Lost & Found will be received by two Ask BYUI employees and logged into the Lost & Found computer system.
- Names of individuals returning high-end items will be logged for tracking purposes.
Logging and Storing
- Lost items turned into Lost & Found are logged into a searchable computer system and stored for a minimum of 60 days.
- High-end items are stored in a secure area which is monitored by a security camera.
- Ask BYUI will contact owners of lost property (where identified) by phone and email to come and claim their lost item(s).
- Students and employees who come to claim lost items must provide photo ID along with their I-Number in order to obtain their property. This information is logged into the Lost & Found computer system.
- Community members who come to claim lost items must provide photo ID along with their name, email address, and phone number to obtain their property. This information is logged into the Lost & Found computer system.
- Items unclaimed after 60 days will be sold at the Lost & Found sale held each semester.
- Items not sold from each semester’s Lost & Found sale will be donated to Deseret Industries.