Letter of Evaluation Service
Health Professions Resources*This service is provided to medical(MD, DO) and dental applicants. Unfortunately we do not currently provide a service for letter collection for other graduate programs.
*BYU-Idaho does not compile a committee letter, please check with your schools to determine alternate types of letters.
- Send the completed letter of evaluation to the Agriculture and Life Sciences - Academic Advising
- Please send the filled out "Evaluator Form" (provided by the student) with your letter of evaluation
- Letters of evaluation may sent by the following methods:
- Email letters to: Liz Watson
- Mail letters to: Agriculture and Life Sciences - Academic Advising, Attn: Health Professions Letters, Benson 244, 525 S. Center St., Rexburg, ID, 83460-1115
- Bring sealed letters to: Benson 244 labeled Attn: Health Professions Letters
- Provide evaluators with a filled out "Evaluator Form (PDF)".
- Ask evaluators to turn the form in with their evaluation.
- Evaluators should send evaluations to the Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- You will be sent an updated email after each letter is received in our office.
- All letters must be on file before they can be uploaded. (As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to add additional letters.)
- Option #1 - Letters uploaded individually
- Enter in the name and information for each evaluator into AMCAS.
- Provide your AMCAS ID and each Letter ID to Sister Watson.
- Letters will then be uploaded to AMCAS when a confirmation email is sent to Sister Watson and letters are received.
- Option #2 - Letters uploaded as a "Letter Packet"
- Enter the name and information of Sister Watson into AMCAS.
- Choose "Letter Packet" within AMCAS.
- Provide your AMCAS ID and Letter ID.
- When all evaluations are recieved, they will be uploaded into AMCAS.
- Send a confirmation email to Sister Watson designating the evaluations you want in the packet.
- Option #1
- Provide a list to Sister Watson of each DO school you are applying to.
- Provide your AACOMAS ID.
- Send an email designating which evaluations you want sent in the letter packet.
- When all evaluations are received, they will be uploaded into Virtual Evals after confirmation from you.
- Each DO school will download the evaluations directly to your application file.
- Option # 2 - Hard Copies of Specific Letter combinations can be sent by mail.
- Provide a list with correct addresses and which letters go to which schools.
- Provide your AACOMAS ID.
- Enter the name and information of BYU-Idaho into the TMDSAS Application System.
- Send an email to the office assistant designating which evaluations you want sent.
- Provide Sister Watson with your TMDSAS ID.
- When all evaluations are received, they will be uploaded into Virtual Evals.
- TMDSAS will download the evaluations directly into your TMDSAS portal.
- In the AADSAS letter of evaluation section, enter in Sister Watson's information.
- Designate that a committee letter is being submitted within AADSAS. (A letter packet falls under committee letter)
- Send an email to Sister Watson designating which evaluations you want sent in your packet.
- Schools will receive your letter packet directly from AADSAS when you submit your application.