BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
The Library Guide is the link to the Library Student Employment website. It gives a list of the various jobs in the Library including Special Collections jobs.
Special Collections & Archives hires students to help with processing and describing campus records and other local history materials.
Positions typically hired
1) Transcription: transcribes audio or paper documents into electronic forms. Requires use of computers, basic word processing software. Proficiency in grammar, spelling, etc. very helpful. Preferred accurate typing speed above 35 wpm.
2) Reading Room/Archives: maintain customer access point in the Reading room. Help process archives, manuscripts and other collections.
To apply for positions in the Special Collections and Archives department, please send an application and resume to email@example.com
What can I do to better my chances of getting a job in the library?
1. A great interest in working with rare and valuable materials and a desire to work for a cultural institution
2. Ability to work more than 10 hours a week and to meet the needs of an established work schedule
3. When interviewing be professional in appearance.
4. Be able to use good communication and grammar skills.
5. Exhibit good public relations skills.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.