President: Peter Carmack
Vice President: Michael Snedacker
Secretary: Michelle Collingridge
Assistant Secretary: Malcom Tanner
Treasurer: Kendon Brown
Head of Advertising: Jacob Carmack
**Webmaster: Hilton Shumway
Advisor: Brian Merrill
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the new Philosophical Society Journal, Elenchus.
The Four Pillars
The four pillars and principal goals of the Philosophical Society are to:
- Increase the skills and abilities of students interested in philosophy by teaching correct paradigms and critical thinking skills, and by informing and introducing those new to the study of philosophy to the methods of philosophy as an academic and personal discipline.
- Bring philosophy out of obscurity in terms of BYU-Idaho by providing an avenue of learning not just for students, but for faculty as well, and by encouraging interdisciplinary dialogue on relevant philosophical topics.
- Bring BYU-Idaho out of obscurity in terms of philosophy in relation to other institutions of higher learning by promoting an exchange of debate and ideas between neighboring professors, students, and universities.
- Provide a safe, wholesome atmosphere for individuals to meet new people, have fun, and make friends.
Meets: Wednesdays from 7pm to 8:30pm in TAY 120
last updated Aug 2015