Journal & Newsletters
The Epsilon Zeta Chapter publishes an online local chapter journal at least yearly to give undergraduate students an opportunity to demonstrate their research and writing skills, publish papers and creative works, and give them valuable experience during the process. While publication in the national journal requires national membership, publication in the chapter journal requires only enrollment as a BYU-Idaho student. We welcome papers and essays on topics ranging from foreign trade to language & cultural issues, to international politics, and everything inbetween that relates to individual and state-level interactions within the international system.
Standards for Submission:
- Articles must be original and previously unpublished.
- Relevant articles include research and findings in topics such as economics, political science, history, and area studies.
- Papers must be between 1,500 and 5,000 words in length (approximately 6 to 20 pages).
- Citations must be completed according to the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition.
- Submissions with charts, graphs, or other pertinent illustrations are acceptable.
Format of Submissions:
- Articles must be in Microsoft Word (.docx format) with 1-inch margins, double-spaced, and typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Articles can be sent at anytime via e-mail to email@example.com; please be sure also to Cc the current chapter president and faculty adviser with your submission.
- A board of SIR member student peers, and BYU-I faculty will review the articles submitted, and notify applicants of any revisions needed, or details of publication.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR W13 SUBMISSIONS!
Submissions will be due by Friday 12th April, 2012 at 5pm. Successful articles will be published online within the first three weeks of S13 Semester.