What are the age requirements to attend AFY?
- 14-18 years old
- You can request 1 roommate or group mate.
- All roommates must request each other.
- Roommate requests must all be the same gender and registered for the same lodging.
- Group mate requests are only for those of the opposite gender. And same pocilies apply to requests. Must be same age or within one year and be in the same lodging.
- We do our best to accommodate all roommate and group requests, but reserve the right to make necessary changes.
Can I request a roommate older/younger than me?
- We create groups so that members are the same age or one year apart. You may request someone older/younger than you and we will do our best to accommodate, but if the age difference is greater than one year then it's not possible. If you want to be together, then the older person will be with a younger group. We will not put a younger person with an older group.
How do I get to the Outdoor Learning Center at Badger Creek?
From Rexburg: Link to Map
- Travel North on Highway 20 for 4.0 miles.
- Take Exit 339 towards Driggs/Jackson Hole
- Turn right. Travel east for 39 miles.
- As you approach Tetonia, the road will curve to the right. Turn off the highway (left) about midway through the curve.
- Pass by the Rammels Valley Pack and continue straight north about 3.0 miles.
- At the "T" junction, turn right.
- Continue for 1.4 miles, until you come to the marked entrance of BYU-Idaho Outdoor Learning Center. Take the second entrance on the left, next to the large building with the light blue roof.
What is your refund policy?
- There is a $25 processing fee for cancellations. If you cancel less than three weeks from the starting day of your session, the processing fee increases to $100. If you cancel less than a week before the starting day of your session, there is no refund.
Is there a shuttle from the Idaho Falls Airport or the Salt Lake City Airport?
- AFY does not operate a shuttle from either airport. Please see the Transportation section of the information packet for information about the Salt Lake Express.
What if I need to change the information I entered during registration?
- Please call AFY 208-496-7302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the needed changes
What if I need to switch sessions?
- Please call 208-496-7302, switching sessions is subject to availability.