The purpose of Preservice is to teach and train students to become better teachers. To those who may be interested, it can lead to a career in teaching Seminary.
- Preservice Readings
- Gospel Teaching and Learning Manual
- Teach Ye Diligently (online)
- Seminary and Insitute website
Careers in Seminary Questions
- Preservice information sheet
- Where do I start?
- Start by taking a Religion 370 class – “Introduction to Teaching Seminary”.
- Anyone can take this class.
- You learn basic teaching concepts.
- How do I become a Seminary teacher?
- While taking the 471 class, you will be given an opportunity to teach in a local Seminary for 1 week. During that week, you will be observed. Those that do well are chosen to be Student Teachers for the following year.
- While teaching as a Student teacher, you are observed and given the opportunity to improve.
- What classes do I need to take?
- Religion 370 – Introduction to Teaching Seminary
- Religion 471 – Methods of Teaching Seminary
- Religion 431 – Doctrines of the Gospel
- What degree do I need to pursue?
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 13 steps of Training and Selection of Seminary teachers