ABOUT AUTHORIZATIONS: Instructors may grant authorizations to override conditions that prevent you from registering for a course. You may need one, two, three, or all four of the following authorizations in order to add a course:
- Capacity - The section is full/no seats are available.
- Course Requisite - You have not completed the prerequisite(s) for a course.
- Schedule Conflict - The section has a time conflict with another section on your schedule.
- Course Requirement - You have not completed the requirement(s) for this course (majors only, seniors only, women only, 2.5 GPA required, etc.)
- Instructors CANNOT authorize off-track students to enroll in on-track (DAY) sections, nor can they authorize on-track students to register for continuing education sections.
- Online instructors CANNOT authorize students, and they will have to contact Online Learning to request an authorization for a course (208) 496-1800.
- If you have any holds, you still may not be able to register. Log-in to your my.byui.edu account, select the Student tab, and view your Academic Summary to determine if you have any holds that could prevent registration.
- If you are unable to add a class for which you’ve been authorized, ensure that your instructor has granted you the correct authorization(s). If you recognize that an additional authorization is needed, please contact the instructor.
- You are encouraged to promptly register for the authorized course. Failure to do so may result in removal of the authorization in order to grant it to another student. If you no longer need this course, please notify the instructor (campus sections) or Online Learning (online sections) in order to allow for another student to register for the section.
You have 24 hours from the time you receive the waitlist authorization e-mail.
If you need additional registration assistance, please contact Student Records and Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your I number in all correspondence.