The intern will receive training in psychosocial rehabilitation. The intern will participate in fieldwork consisting of:
The internship requires a minimum of 2 credits with 75 hours for each credit. A background check is required and has a $45 fee that is paid by the intern.
- Accompanying PSR workers on their daily visits to patients
- These patients may either have been diagnosed with psychological disorders, or are coping with addictions to drugs, or both.
- Learn how to properly fill out paperwork,
- Learn the basics of the health care system (Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security),
- Possibly attend Mental Health Court
- Observe proper interaction with Parole Officers, at-home-nurses, physicians, and clients' families.
- Possibly attend group counseling sessions like Moral Recognition Therapy and Symptom Management.
Contact: Dr. Samuel Clay: email@example.com
Limit: 4 interns per semester