Emphasis in General Psychology
Internships for BS in Psychology, Emphasis in General Psychology:
Students wishing to enroll in an internship should make plans early. A few internships are available each semester and students should make preparations at least a semester ahead of time by applying for a specific internship.
- Internships are electives, they are not required.
- Only 2 or 3 credit internships are allowable
- Only one internship per student
- 2 credit = 100 hours and 3 credit = 150 hours
- Internship must begin and conclude in the context of one semester
- Students must be a junior or senior in good standing
- Internship must provide student with opportunities that are directly related to the application of psychological principles
- Health and I/O internships have specific course prerequisites
- Supervisor at internship must oversee student's progress
- While international internships are an option, they have a lengthy approval process and must be approved by BYUI VP's office
- Intern will be required to submit weekly reports to track progress (or similar activity that the internship supervisor deems appropriate)
- Student may choose to pursue scholarship opportunities through the Financial Aid Office
Click this link for more information on internships: Internship Information.
**Graduation Requirement: ETS Major Field Test
Graduating seniors are required to take the ETS Major Field Test in order to graduate. This needs to be taken your last semester at BYU-Idaho. This requirement will show up on your graduation plan. The Psychology Department will pay for this test. The test will not affect your graduation. If you are not on campus the semester you are graduating, you will be excused from the test.
The test will be available to take at the testing center and you will be notified of the opening and closing test dates. You will need to pick up your pass code and instructions from the Psychology Department office before going to the testing center. The test will take 2 hours.