You've Completed Much of the Training. See if Leading as an Officer is for You!
PURPOSE: We are looking for the very best to participate in and join Army ROTC...Scholars, Athletes, Leaders. You're already ahead of the game with your previous military service. Take one step further to advance your career by enrolling in the program today! This guide will provide you with the basic information concerning the Army ROTC program at BYU-Idaho and how you can fit it into your class schedule.
PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITIES: Participation is designed to develop both leadership and confidence through team study with activities such as physical fitness, team building exercises, land navigation, oral presentations, and fundamentals of small unit tactics. Our entry level classes are great to see if becoming an officer is right for you and fulfill general elective requirements without a military commitment until you accept a scholarship/contract. Your starting point in the program is determined by your years left to graduate and can be worked in with your current course schedule.
Participation requirements are:
- Be a U.S Citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 27 (unless prior service or 2 years or less to graduate)
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 and higher needed for scholarship and contracting purposes
Full participation obligations are:
- Class once a week (50 minutes)- minimum participation requirement with only classroom learning/discussion
- Physical Training three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday*
- Leadership Lab once a week (2 Hours)*
- 1 Field Training Exercise a Semester*- hands on patrolling, land navigation, and small unit tactics (this is an overnight event)
* Requires a physician signed medical fitness statement of ability to participate in a normal physically strenuous college physical education program and authorized release of dental records.
-Maintain your GI Bill Benefits
-Qualify for an Officer producing GI Bill Kicker of $350 a month
-From $300.00 to $500.00 monthly stipend (during school months)
-Extra military training opportunities to include oversees training, Airborne, Air Assault, and internships
COME EXPERIENCE ROTC: See if becoming an Officer suits you! Discover how ROTC offers the opportunity to participate in a challenging and rewarding leadership development program. Contact us to start working it into your class schedule now! Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/BYU-I-Army-ROTC/470665083038051?ref=bookmarks , stop by the office in Rigby Hall Rm 205, or contact Mr. Keith Grover (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information.