The administration of George S. Romney began in 1917 and was a season of development as high school courses were entirely phased out and the college curriculum was expanded.

In 1918 the General Board of Education changed the name of the school to Ricks Normal College, and the title of principal was changed to that of president.

President Romney's tenure ended in 1930.