Ezra Christiansen (who changed his last name to Dalby in 1907) served as principal from 1901 to 1914. In 1903 he saw the opening of the first building on campus (located on the site of the reminiscent Spori Building).

Writing in the local newspaper, he once stated of the school, "It will shine as a beacon of light to the ends of the earth, and add to the beauty and glory of Zion through all the coming years."