FA100 is a one-credit class required of all students who entered BYU-Idaho before Fall 2008. It is not required of any student who has passed a BYU-Idaho Foundations: Humanities course (FDHUM 101, 102, 103, 104) - Only the Foundations Humanities will count as a waiver, not the regular GE Humanities 101, which did not have the same Events Attendance requirement). If you have successfully passed one of these courses, you will be able to waive the FA 100 requirement. If this is your situation, please contact the advising office at 208 496-9841 or email email@example.com
Register for FA 100 - Beginning Fall 2009 FA 100 is a one-credit class that requires you to attend six Fine Arts events, complete four online modules, and one mandatory Gospel Values lecture. Please see "How Online Modules Work"
- Plan to complete the four online modules by due dates.
- Plan to attend one Gospel Values and the Arts lecture (This is mandatory for the class).
- Plan to attend 6 Fine Arts events (one in each of the categories). Events are listed on the FA 100 approved events list. Some event categories have fewer offerings than others, especially Dance, so it will be important for you to plan your attendance in advance.
Get tickets, if it's a ticketed event. All tickets are sold at the Cashier's Window in the Kimball Building. Tickets are available approximately two weeks in advance of a performance. Events requiring a ticket are marked with an asterisk on the FA100 events list.
Dress appropriately for the event. Check the FA100 events list for the dress standards for the various events. The event will NOT count for FA 100 if you're not dressed appropriately. The guidelines are as follows:
||Men wear dress pants or suit, collared shirt and tie, and dress shoes.
||Women wear a modest dress or skirt and blouse, and dress shoes. (Please no denim skirts).
|Men should wear BYU-Idaho's approved classroom attire.
||Women should wear BYU-Idaho's approved classroom attire.
Attend the event, bring your I-card, (your I-card is used to scan and record your attendance at all the FA100 events). Without your I-card, the event will not count. You will need to have your I-card scanned both as you ENTER and LEAVE.
- Arrive early, the event will not count if you're more than five minutes late
- Have your ID card scanned by an Usher as you arrive.
- Attendance for the full lecture or performance is required or the event will not count. Important note: All seats are released 10 minutes before the performance is scheduled to begin.
- Have your ID card scanned by an Usher as you leave.
Check your progress. Events are updated once a week on Tuesdays. Throughout the semester check your progress on I-Learn. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are missing an event. Include your name and I-number.