The Pathway Home Office has developed several presentation options for Pathway missionaries to use when informing potential students, general Church members, and/or local Church leaders about the program. Each type of presentation is intended for a different audience, and instructions are provided below regarding which presentation to use for which audience. (Please do not use any presentation created by you or another missionary -- only use those created by Pathway.)
STEP 1: Download a Pathway Presentation
Choose the presentation(s) you would like to download from the chart below. The folder you download will contain three items: 1) The Presentation, 2) Talking Points/Lesson Plan, and 3) an Interest List template. Please print and review the talking points several times before giving a presentation.
(These presentations are designed to work on a laptop computer. If you will be using an iPad, tablet, or smartphone to project the presentations, please see "Step 3" below.)
QUICK LEADERSHIP PRESENTATION
STEP 2: Test the Presentation (Laptop Instructions)
After you have downloaded the presentation, wait at least 10 minutes, and then open the presentation. Check to see if the audio and videos play properly. If the videos do not work, you will need to do the following:
- Download Apple Quicktime for free: www.apple.com/quicktime/download.
- Make Apple Quicktime your default video player. For instructions on how to do this, watch this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueyQBMv08eM
- Restart your computer after completing the two steps above. Then test the presentation again; everything should now operate properly. (If you still have issues playing the videos, use the presentation as-is, and skip the videos when you get to those slides.)
Also, if the Talking Points/Lesson Plan document does not open, you will need to download Adobe Reader for free: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
STEP 3: Using an iPad or Tablet
If you will be using an iPad or tablet to project a Pathway presentation, please refer to the information below:
iPad (or iPhone):
- Download the PowerPoint app for free from the App Store.
- On your iPad (or iPhone), select one of the presentation options listed in the table in "Step 1" above.
- Download each individual file. (Downloads may take a significant amount of time depending on Internet speed.)
- When the PowerPoint file downloads, select "Open in PowerPoint." (The file will open in your PowerPoint app.)
- Save the file to your iPad (or iPhone). This will allow you to access the file whenever you need it.
- Test the PowerPoint. All of the audio, video, and other elements should work well.
PowerPoint does not work consistently on other tablet devices. However, it does work well on some. To see if PowerPoint operates well on your tablet, follow the iPad instructions above. (The biggest issue is that the audio and video files in the PowerPoint do not play on certain styles of tablets.)
These presentations have been created using Microsoft PowerPoint. In order for the presentation to function properly, you must have the following installed on your computer: PowerPoint for Windows 2007 or newer, PowerPoint for Mac 2008 or newer, or the PowerPoint app for tablets or smartphones.
These presentations contain audio and video clips on several slides. These clips are embedded in the presentations and will play when the slide is clicked a second time. If the videos do not play when clicked, you may skip them and move on to the next slide.