Pathway Admissions FAQ

Select a View

in Multi View Mode
Go to general online learning FAQ

Are there services for students with disabilities?

Yes, for more information visit Services for Students with a Disability.

Can I go to school on the Rexburg Campus?

After completion of Academic Start (the first year) students can apply to the Online Degree program and continue to take courses at the reduced tuition rate, or students can apply to attend on the Rexburg campus. It is important to note however that if students attend on campus they must pay the campus tuition rate, instead of the Pathway rate. International students must have a current visa, unless they arrived in the U.S. with their parents before the age of eighteen.

Do I need to take the ACT/SAT/TOEFL or verify GED prior to applying?

Students are not required to take any standardized test for acceptance to the Academic Start level of the Pathway Program. However, all students must maintain a 'B' average to be considered for advancement into a degree program.

What standards must I commit to?

BYU-Idaho and Institutes of Religion are committed to providing an education and atmosphere consistent with the ideals and principles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A learning atmosphere is created and preserved through conduct that reflects the ideals and principles of the gospel. During the Academic Start program students are encouraged to begin preparing to live the BYU-Idaho Honor Code. Once students apply to BYU-Idaho as a degree-seeking student, they are expected to commit to live by the BYU-Idaho Honor Code and submit a continuing ecclesiastical endorsement at the beginning of each year.

When should I apply?

New Pathway students living in the United States are admitted into the Fall or Winter semesters. Applications for fall semester should be submitted by August 1st and winter applications by December 1st.