Each page created by Ingeniux is assigned an identification number called an "xID". This xID can be used to find the page on Ingeniux in the search bar. An xID for a web page can be found by looking at the details of a page on Ingeniux, but here it is explained how to find the xID on the active web page on the actual site.
Locating the xID of an Ingeniux-Supported Webpage
The following information provides steps about how to locating the xID of an Ingeniux supported webpage.
- On the web page, press Ctrl + u or Command + u to pop up the page's source HTML code.
- Press Ctrl + f to pop up a search bar.
- Search for "Page generated."
- A line will be found that contains the xID. this line will look like this:
Using the xID to Locate a Web page on Ingeniux
- Go to Ingeniux.
- On the top right corner of the page, click on the "Go To" field.
- Input the xID and press "Enter."
- Click on the 'Search' option (green magnifying glass) on the left-hand side of the page.
- Type in the page xID into the search bar, or the name of the page.
- Select your desired page. Additional information is provided about each page in the search, such as if it's checked out, to who it's checked out, when it was last modified, etc.
With the Ingeniux 10 update, assets can now be tracked through different web pages their assigned ID, like page xIDs. Users can use that ID in the search bars to find what pages the asset is used.
Searching by asset ID:
To find the asset ID, double-click on the asset you desire. The ID will be listed on the right-hand side of the 'Properties' box.
At the top of the main navigation bar, search with the asset ID. You can select to remove page xID options from the search or to keep them in.