How Your Page Appears to the Consumer (Site Name, Page Name, Title, Abstract)
Page Name: Visible to the user. URL, Navigation Menu (site navigation) and breadcrumb
About This Page: Metadata – not visible to public
Title: Page Title is visible to the user in the browser tab, page content, and if saved as a bookmark
Abstract: Brief summary, teaser, or description of page to help encourage consumers to visit. This is also the default text that is shared in social media.
Site Name: Only editable by University Relations
On Google Search
How to update each field in Ingeniux:
Google will search the following in order as they are filled out
- Default is Abstract and Page Title
- If you fill out the SEO Group fields, this overrides the abstract and page title for Google.
- Browser Bar Title (shorten or be more descriptive for the title in the browser tab)
- Meta Description (same as Abstract)
Social Media Group
- Facebook and other platforms will share the Title and Description instead of the page’s Title and Abstract