Ingeniux is a website creator that hosts all of BYU-Idaho's webpages. (Note - Page Builder is a development tool inside Ingeniux, limited to MarComm Team production areas, but once sites are programmed departments will have access to update and edit content through Ingeniux.) All departments will need access to Ingeniux using the instructions below.
Ingeniux has been designed so that you can enter the site with little to no programming experience and help manage the content of each page. While it appears complex at first, it is relatively straightforward, and it is a lot simpler than creating an actual website. Listed below are some of the basic operations and functions of Ingeniux.
How to Request Permissions
- To edit content on your pages you will need to be added to the appropriate group in the Role Manager. The group with Ingeniux permissions will always end with "Web Administrator", e.g. "University Relations Web Administrator". The group's administrator, usually an office assistant or supervisor, should be able to log in and add the user to the role by clicking on the role they administer and selecting "Add User". Please allow a day for the user's Web Builder (Ingeniux) access to take effect. If you are still having issues logging in, please contact John Martinez at email@example.com.
- Please note that Ingeniux is only accessible on campus to edit webpages.
- To change the layout or convert your site to Page Builder please work through your MarComm representative.
How to Log in to Ingeniux
- Go to ingeniux.byui.edu.
- Enter your myBYUI username and password.
- Keep the "login to" field on default.
- When you finish logging in for the first time, Ingeniux will load and the dashboard will be visible.
The dashboard is the main informational display for Ingeniux. It contains some useful tools for your convenience.
Some of the tools and their uses are listed below.
- In progress box: This shows sites that are “checked out” to you. “Checked out” sites are only editable by you. Check pages back in so that they can be published and editable by others. Think of it like a library; No one can read a book until you return it. The same goes for editing pages.
- Favorites: If you find yourself going to one site over and over again, you can set a favorite site by clicking and dragging the site from the tree into the Favorites box. You can then click on the page from the favorites box, and then you will be directed to the site. This will always be set up on your log in for easy access.
- Recently Visited: These are sites that you have looked at recently, placed for easy access. Click on any of the pages to be taken directly to them.
- Publish Status: This shows some numbers about BYU-Idaho’s websites, such as the number of pages published.
Navigating Pages and Folders in Ingeniux
Ingeniux has a navigational site tree that uses nested pages and folders. These pages and folders translate to the site paths of the actual websites.To navigate the site, please observe the following steps.
- Click on the plus sign to the left of the desired category and wait for the pages to load.
- Once found, click on the desired content page.
NOTE: Do not click and drag content pages; doing so could create errors in the website. You cannot undo a click and drag in the site tree.
To Preview a Content Page
Ingeniux comes with a built-in browser simulator which builds the selected site page. That way, you can see what the final page will look like. This helps with live-editing content pages and fixing errors.To preview a content page, please observe the following steps:
- Select a page in the site tree.
- Click the "Preview" button on the toolbar.
- Select a page in the site tree.
- Click the "Page View" tab at the top of the content page.
NOTE: Most people prefer the first option, as it creates a separate window in the browser.