Community Groups are more than welcome to visit us! Due to recent program changes, our scheduling is now different than it has been in the past. University groups are given priority registration at the start of each semester and then registration is open up to everyone. Community reservations go from October 16 2013 through December 20, 2013. And February 6, 2014 through April 11, 2014. You may call 5 business days prior to your desired reservation date. If not in use by BYU-Idaho then you will be able to schedule. This does not apply April - September.
*Due to the summer youth programs we can not accomodate any community groups from April to Sept.
Reservations for 2013 Fall semester (September - December) for community users will begin on October 26. Community users may fill out a request (after October 26) here.
We will contine to make improvements to our website and information. If you still have questions please contact us via e-mail and we will get back to you! Thank you!
Activities and Rental Information
- Cross Country Ski Trails are groomed and available to use free of charge in season. Please be courteous and let us know when you plan to use them for safety precautions.
- Cabin Rental is based on availability and cleanup is required. We have 10 small cabins that sleep 8 people comfortably with heat and electricity. Cabin rentals includes the use of the pavilion for group functions and cooking.
- Cabin Rentals are $40/cabin
- The sled hill is available for $45 for a 3 hour time slot the evening you arrive from 6 - 9 pm.
- Logistics Center Rental is perfect for company or large group meetings. The Logisitics Center provides an area for tables and seating for 50 people. A screen projector and whiteboard are also available for use.
- Logisitics Center Rental - $40/day
- Sled Hill/Tow Rope Rental also includes sleds. The tow rope (operated by staff) will pull you up the hill. The sled hill is available Monday-Saturday in 3 hour blocks; morning (9 am-12 pm), afternoon (1-4pm), and evening (6-9pm). Everyone using the sled hill is required to sign a waiver.
- The cost of the sled hill is $120 per group no matter the size of the group
- Yurt Rental depends on the yurt. We have two different sized Yurts available and both include a wood stove (firewood is provided), a lantern, camp stove, and a small barbeque grill with propane. The Yurts also have a nearby latrine. These backcountry Yurts are 3/4 of a mile from the parking lot, so groups can walk, ski, or snowshoe to this destination. Snowmobiles are not allowed on the property.
- 30 ft Yurt (sleeps around 20) - $45 a night
- 24 ft Yurt (sleeps around 12) - $40 a night
- Double Yurt Rental - $85 a night
- The sled hill is also available to Yurt renters for an additional $45/3 hours the evening you arrive from 6 - 9 pm.
Meals and Treats can also be provided by us.
o Meals (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner)- $5.50/person per meal
o Hot chocolate and donuts- $3.00/person
Back to Outdoor Learning Center Page.