Policies & General Information
Each person will be responsible to obtain their own health and accident insurance.
For those who do not have insurance, the parent or legal guardian must agree to guarantee payment of any and all medical expenses incurred by their child as a result of any injury or illness during the program and release BYU-Idaho from any expenses that might be incurred.
This agreement is contained in the Liability Waiver, Assumption of Risk, Release, and Indemnity Agreement.
Here is the photo release section you agree to upon registering for AFY:
"By registering in this program, I agree that my youth’s image may be used, with discretion, by Brigham Young University, or its assignees, for promotional purposes in print, web and video productions. I understand and agree that I have no expectation of compensation for this use."
Registration information can be found on the registration page (add link)
- Maximum of 8 roommate requests
- Please make roommate requests during the registration process
- All roommate requests must be finalized the week before the first day of your session.
BYU-Idaho has no affiliation with the Salt Lake Express. However, many of our participants use this shuttle service because it stops at the BYU-Idaho campus. Shuttle Service from Salt Lake City, Utah
Salt Lake Express (800)356-9796www.saltlakeexpress.com
Please see the Transportation (add link) section included in the Information Packet for more transportation details.
Check in and check out are at the BYU-Idaho Campus.
*Map of BYU-Idaho campus with check in location starred
AFY will be held at the BYU-Idaho Outdoor Learning Center at Badger Creek
*Map of route from Rexburg to Badger Creek
What are the age requirements to attend AFY?
How many roommates can I request?
- You can request a maximum of 8 roommates.
- Roommate requests must all be the same gender.
- Please note, we do our best to accommodate all roommate requests, but reserve the right to make necessary changes.
Can I request a roommate older/younger than me?
- We try to arrange groups so that members are the same age or one year apart. You may request someone older/younger than you and we will do our best to accommodate, but if the age difference is greater than one year then this may not be possible.
How do I get to Badger Creek?
From Rexburg: Link to Map
- Travel North on Highway 20 for 4.0 miles.
- Take Exit 339 towards Driggs/Jackson Hole
- Turn right. Travel east for 39 miles.
- As you approach Tetonia, the road will curve to the right. Turn off the highway (left) about midway through the curve.
- Pass by the Rammels Valley Pack and continue straight north about 3.0 miles.
- At the "T" junction, turn right.
- Continue for 1.4 miles, until you come to the marked entrance of BYU-Idaho Outdoor Learning Center. Take the second entrance on the left, next to the large building with the light blue roof.
What is your refund policy?
- There is a $25 processing fee for cancellations. If you cancel less than three weeks from the starting day of your session, the processing fee increases to $100. If you cancel less than a week before the starting day of your session, there is no refund.
Is there a shuttle from the Idaho Falls Airport or the Salt Lake City Airport?
- AFY does not operate a shuttle from either airport. Please see the Transportation section of the information packet for information about the Salt Lake Express.
What if I need to change the information I entered during registration?
- Simply use your email and password to log into the registration and make the necessary changes to your information.
What if I need to switch sessions?
- Simply use your email and password to log into the registration and switch sessions. You will not be able to switch to sessions that are full and there is no waiting list.
DRESS & APPEARANCE
Standards for AFY are the same as standards set by BYU-Idaho. This includes adherence to the dress & grooming standards included in the Honor Code. Dress & grooming standards are also included in the information packet.
COST & PAYMENT
- Cabin- $475
- Large Platform Tents w/Cots - $445
Payment must be made during the registration process with a debit or credit card.