What are the age requirements to attend AFY?
- 14-18 years old
- You can request a maximum of 8 roommates.
- Roommate requests must all be the same gender.
- Please note, we do our best to accommodate all roommate requests, but reserve the right to make necessary changes.
Can I request a roommate older/younger than me?
- We try to arrange groups so that members are the same age or one year apart. You may request someone older/younger than you and we will do our best to accommodate, but if the age difference is greater than one year then this may not be possible.
How do I get to Badger Creek?
From Rexburg: Link to Map
- Travel North on Highway 20 for 4.0 miles.
- Take Exit 339 towards Driggs/Jackson Hole
- Turn right. Travel east for 39 miles.
- As you approach Tetonia, the road will curve to the right. Turn off the highway (left) about midway through the curve.
- Pass by the Rammels Valley Pack and continue straight north about 3.0 miles.
- At the "T" junction, turn right.
- Continue for 1.4 miles, until you come to the marked entrance of BYU-Idaho Outdoor Learning Center. Take the second entrance on the left, next to the large building with the light blue roof.
What is your refund policy?
- There is a $25 processing fee for cancellations. If you cancel less than three weeks from the starting day of your session, the processing fee increases to $100. If you cancel less than a week before the starting day of your session, there is no refund.
Is there a shuttle from the Idaho Falls Airport or the Salt Lake City Airport?
- AFY does not operate a shuttle from either airport. Please see the Transportation section of the information packet for information about the Salt Lake Express.
What if I need to change the information I entered during registration?
- Simply use your email and password to log into the registration and make the necessary changes to your information.
What if I need to switch sessions?
- Simply use your email and password to log into the registration and switch sessions. You will not be able to switch to sessions that are full and there is no waiting list.