What are the age requirements to attend AFY?
- 14-18 years old
- You can request a maximum of 7 roommates.
- Roommate requests must all be the same gender and register for the same lodging.
- We do our best to accommodate all roommate requests, but reserve the right to make necessary changes.
Can I request a roommate older/younger than me?
- We try to arrange groups so that members are the same age or one year apart. You may request someone older/younger than you and we will do our best to accommodate, but if the age difference is greater than one year then this may not be possible.
How do I get to the Outdoor Learning Center at Badger Creek?
From Rexburg: Link to Map
- Travel North on Highway 20 for 4.0 miles.
- Take Exit 339 towards Driggs/Jackson Hole
- Turn right. Travel east for 39 miles.
- As you approach Tetonia, the road will curve to the right. Turn off the highway (left) about midway through the curve.
- Pass by the Rammels Valley Pack and continue straight north about 3.0 miles.
- At the "T" junction, turn right.
- Continue for 1.4 miles, until you come to the marked entrance of BYU-Idaho Outdoor Learning Center. Take the second entrance on the left, next to the large building with the light blue roof.
What is your refund policy?
- There is a $25 processing fee for cancellations. If you cancel less than three weeks from the starting day of your session, the processing fee increases to $100. If you cancel less than a week before the starting day of your session, there is no refund.
Is there a shuttle from the Idaho Falls Airport or the Salt Lake City Airport?
- AFY does not operate a shuttle from either airport. Please see the Transportation section of the information packet for information about the Salt Lake Express.
What if I need to change the information I entered during registration?
- Simply use your email and password to log into the registration and make the necessary changes to your information.
What if I need to switch sessions?
- Please call 208-496-7302, switching sessions is subject to availability.