Kitchen Crew: Kitchen crew will consist of four staff members who will be in charge of ordering and preparing food, delivering food, budgeting, and organizing the kitchen areas. They will take part in AFY activities such as firesides, skit nights, and making sure meal times are fun for participants. Kitchen crew staff will work Monday through Friday and have Saturdays and Sundays off.
Staff Counselor Positions: Counselors will work Monday through Friday with a co-counselor and will be in charge of groups of 15 participants each week. Co-counselors will rotate each week and will be in charge of taking participants to meals, all activities (horse back riding, rafting, ropes courses, initiative activities, devotionals, etc). Counselors will be in charge of skits, blind walk, large group activities, Q&A sessions and making sure participants are safe.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
**MUST BE A BYU-IDAHO STUDENT TO APPLY**
- Staff members must be at least 18 years of age
- Live on-site at the BYUI Outdoor Learning Center from beginning of June through mid-August
- Maintain BYUI standards of dress and grooming
- Always display the highest grade of moral and ethical conduct
- Gospel standards and behavior are expected and required
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Work extended hours
- Work during adverse weather conditions
- Sleep and camp in outdoor setting
- Walk and hike for extended periods of time
- Some Saturday work may be expected
- Staff members will attend and participate in the local singles branch
BYUI Outdoor Learning Center will take applications beginning December 2, 2013 and continue through January 31, 2014. Interviews will begin the week of February 1 and will continue through mid-February. We will contact applicants to set up interviews throughout the month of January.
Acceptance/Declined emails/phone calls will go out the first week of March.