Active and Collaborative Learning
First-Year Student Highlights from 2011 Survey
- 73% of first-year students frequently discussed readings or ideas from coursework outside of class.
- 52% of first-year students frequently worked with other students in class.
- 69% of first-year students worked with peers outside of class.
- 37% of first-year students made frequent presentations in class.
- 10% of first-year students frequently participated in service-learning or community-based projects.
- 66% never took place in such activities.
- By their senior year, 53% of students participated in some form of practicum, internship, field experience, co-op, or clinical assignment.
- 38% of seniors frequently assisted their fellow students by tutoring or teaching.