First-Year Student Highlights from 2011 Survey
- 70% of first-year students said that their faculty were available, helpful and sympathetic.
- 51% of first-year students indicated that they frequently received prompt verbal or written feedback on their work.
- 37% of first-year students at BYU-Idaho at least occasionally spent time with faculty members on activities other than coursework.
- By their senior year, 13% of students had done research with a faculty member.
- 87% of seniors at least occasionally discussed career plans with faculty.
- 13% had never talked with faculty members about career plans.