Enriching Educational Experiences
First-Year Student Highlights from 2011 Survey
- 9% of first-year students participated in a learning community.
- 33% of first-year students said they frequently had serious conversations with student with different religious, political, or personal beliefs.
- 44% of first-year students reported frequent conversations with those of a different race.
- 89% of first-year students frequently engaged in spiritually enhancing activities (worship, meditation, prayer).
- 13% of BYU-Idaho students had taken an independent study class by their senior year.
- 8% of BYU-Idaho seniors had studied abroad.
- 62% of seniors had participated in community service or volunteer work.