BYU-Idaho accepts requests for previous university courses to transfer or count toward required courses in a BYU-Idaho certificate or degree. Although transfer credits can be used to fulfill course graduation requirements, they will not be calculated into a student's BYU-Idaho GPA. Only courses taken through BYU-Idaho will factor into GPA.

If a direct match to a BYU-Idaho course can be found, the transfer credits will be listed on the student's official Transfer Course Evaluation Report sent by email. Only transfer courses with a grade of C- or higher will be accepted. If a course match is not found, the credits will transfer as elective credit. Courses completed more than 10 years ago may only be accepted as elective credit. For a list of transfer course matches from other colleges and universities, go to BYU-Idaho's Course Transfer Tool.

Official college or university transcripts can be submitted two different ways:

  1. Electronically through a third-party secured PDF to the following address: (If you're already admitted and need an updated transcript sent, order an electronic transcript and have it sent to
  2. Physically from the transfer institution in a sealed envelope to the following address:

CES Admissions: A-41 ASB
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602

Credits & Transcripts from Other Colleges & Universities

Colleges & Universities In the United States

Applicants must submit all transcripts from previous colleges and universities attended in the United States as part of the application to a BYU-Idaho online degree program. Most college-level credits earned through regionally accredited colleges and universities are accepted. Technical and vocational course credits are typically not accepted. (For transcripts from schools outside the United States, see "Colleges & Universities Outside the United States" below.)

For more information, please contact the BYU-Idaho Online Support.

Submitting Transcripts

Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the college or university in a sealed envelope or through a secured electronic transmission. Transcripts will not be evaluated if submitted by fax or any other method that may be considered unsecure. Official transcripts should be sent from previously attended colleges and universities by the application deadline.

Before transcripts can be processed, applicants must first complete the following steps:

  • Apply to BYU-Idaho Online
  • Submit official transcripts
  • Get accepted by BYU-Idaho
  • Accept offer to attend BYU-Idaho
  • From the time that transcripts are sent for review, it generally takes 6-8 weeks for them to be reviewed and processed.

Colleges & Universities Outside the United States

Transfer credit criteria for students outside the United States may vary from country to country. Please review the International Transfer Credit Guidelines below for more information. Students who have attended a university outside the United States should contact BYU-Idaho Online Support before applying.

International Transfer Credit Guidelines

Students are not required to submit transcripts from institutions outside the United States. However, if a student would like credits earned outside the U.S. to be evaluated for transfer, they must do the following:

  • Accept their offer of admission to BYU-Pathway Worldwide.
  • Provide a transcript and course description of classes completed.

All transcripts and course descriptions must be in English. Translated versions will only be accepted when one of the following conditions are met:

    • The sending university provides an English translation.
    • The transcripts are translated by a qualified, independent third-party (not family) translator.
    • A private credential evaluation company is used.
    • The student's institution is recognized by its country's governing board as an accredited institution, and it is similar in nature to a college or university in the United States. Institutions primarily focused on vocational and technical training are generally not transferable.

Once conditions are met, transcript evaluators will determine which courses match BYU-Idaho courses. Courses with failing grades will not be accepted. Courses from universities outside the United States that do not have a direct match to a BYU-Idaho course will not be transferred for credit consideration. English classes taken outside of a United States university will not be accepted for meeting English course requirements.

From the time that previous transcripts are sent for review, it generally takes 6-8 weeks for them to be reviewed and processed.

Institute Credits & Transcripts

Institute courses taken "for Church university credit" and a) have a letter grade of A through C- or a pass (P) grade, and b) have a direct equivalent to a BYU-Idaho religion course, will be accepted as transfer credit to fulfill graduation requirements but do not impact the student's GPA.Official transcripts can be submitted via email or through the postal service:

  • BY EMAIL: Official transcripts must come directly from an email address, sent by an institute instructor, secretary, or director. Emailed official transcripts should be sent to The emailed transcript should be in the CES Transcript format, not the Institute Report Card format. A separate transcript for each student is required. (Note: CES institutions other than BYU-Pathway Worldwide and BYU-Idaho currently do not accept institute transcripts by email.)
  • BY MAIL: Institutes may print a "CES" transcript, sign the document, and mail it in a sealed envelope to:

CES Admissions: A-41 ASB
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602

PathwayConnect Credits & Transcripts

Courses taken through BYU-Pathway Worldwide will transfer to BYU-Idaho as follows:

  • PathwayConnect religion courses taken through BYU-Pathway Worldwide will fall under the regular “Transfer of Religion Credit from CES Institutes of Religion and LDS Church Schools” policy.
  • GSPC 120, GSPC120L, ENGPC 106, ENGPC 106L, MATPC 100G, and MATPC 100L will transfer to BYU-Idaho as elective courses.
  • PC 101 Life Skills and PC 102 Professional Skills will transfer to BYU-Idaho as elective courses.
  • PC 103 University Skills will transfer to BYU-Idaho as a substitute for the GE 101 College Success course.
  • PathwayConnect Gateway Certificate courses will transfer as substitutes for the corresponding BYU-Idaho Gateway Certificate courses.

PathwayConnect students may request official transcripts by logging in to their student account at Transcripts may not be ordered by phone, e-mail, paper, or fax. For more information, contact Pathway Support.