Today’s assignment is to discuss: Good study habits.
Discuss with your Speaking Partner the following:
1. Describe what the people are doing in each of the pictures.
2. Do you always study in the same place?
3. Do you like to study with other people or by yourself?
4. Does listening to certain kinds of music help you study better?
5. What are some study habits you feel are the most important?
Read the following words of President Henry B. Eyring to your Speaking Partner. Read one time through and discuss pronunciation, unfamiliar phrases, or vocabulary words. Read another time through and discuss the importance of priorities in studying for school.
The Lord and His Church have always encouraged education to increase our ability to serve Him and our Heavenly Father’s children. The Master is clear about the process. Through prayer, fasting, and hard work, with a motive to serve Him, we can expect His grace to attend us. Our first priority should go to spiritual learning. For us, reading the scriptures would come before reading history books. Prayer would come before memorizing those Spanish verbs. A temple recommend would be worth more than standing first in our graduating class.
(from Elder Henry B. Eyring, Ensign, October 2002)