Students Requesting Capacity Authorization When Seats Are Available In Other SectionRevised: May 01, 2012
When the Online Support Center (OSC) is contacted with a request to have a student added over capacity to a particular course section, the OSC will check to see if there are open seats in other course sections. If there are no open seats, the OSC will follow waiting list procedure. Should there be an open seat in another section of the course; a capacity authorization will not be given and the student will be directed to enroll in that open seat.
Online Degrees and Services reserve the right to override and grant a capacity authorization in extreme circumstances. However, the following do not constitute an extreme circumstance.
- The instructor gives permission
- The instructor and student know each other personally
- The instructor and student are family
- A family member or student contact us and explains to us the unfairness of this policy
- The instructor promised to work with the student
- All other instructors are too difficult in course work and to work with