OSC Mission To help online students resolve problems and inform potential students about online programs.
Why the OSC was created? No other organization existed who could consistently act as a liaison for online students and follow their concerns through to a final resolution.
OSC Philosophy 1. Focus on the student and everything else will follow. Our focus is on students, they are the reason we exist. We are not instructor support or the IT Help Desk. We approach issues from the student's point of view.
2. You don't have to know everything to be a smarty-pants. We serve students with a diverse set of needs it is impossible for us to know everything but it is possible for us to find answers, resolve issues, and follow up.
3. It is better to fix a problem then whip out the duct tape. When issues affect a group of students we work with campus to resolve it.
4. Now is better than later. We act with urgency on each issue until it is resolved. We take responsibility and follow up. We do not pass things off to other employees or departments and hope it goes away.
5. I'm a child of God and so are you. We treat students as individuals and recognize that we are all children of God.
6. Doing nothing will give you hives. We are productive and proactively try to improve the student experience.