BYU-Idaho's Online Degree programs allow former students of BYU-Idaho and Ricks College, BYU, BYU-Hawaii, and LDS Business College to finish their degree even though they have moved away from campus.
Online Degree Program Admission Qualifications:
- Be in good academic and financial standing at all institutions previously attended.
- Have completed a minimum of 15 credits from Ricks College, BYU-Idaho, BYU, LDS Business College or BYU-Hawaii. If you accumulated a total of 15 credits from attending two or more of these institutions (but did not accumulate 15 at one particular institution), you may still qualify. (Note: These 15 credits must be earned in physical, on-campus studies, not through online or distance programs. You may also earn these 15 credits through the BYU-Idaho Pathway program. Learn more here and see if there is a Pathway location near you.)
- Have a total cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on previous college study. (If you are a former full-time student of Ricks College or BYU-Idaho and have not attended any other college/university since last attending Ricks/BYU-Idaho, you may be eligible for admission with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.)
- Be in good financial standing at all institutions previously attended.
- Commit to the BYU-Idaho Honor Code and maintain annual ecclesiastical endorsements.
Required Application Materials
- Part 1 - Student Information
- Part 2 - School Selection
- Part 3 - Student Commitment & Ecclesiastical Endorsement
* An application fee will be assessed during the first semester of Online Degree enrollment for students who have not previously paid the fee to BYU-Idaho.
Where do I begin?
Online Programs application priority deadline
* If you missed a deadline call the Online Support Center for more information.
If you meet the basic eligibility requirements for a BYU-Idaho Online Degree program and wish to apply, complete the following steps:
- Download a step by step tutorial (requires Adobe Reader)
- Go to besmart.com
- Click "Apply Online"
- Create a Net-ID and password. (We encourage you to use the same user name and password for Besmart and BYU-Idaho to avoid confusion.)
- After choosing BYU-Idaho as your school, select "Online."
- Begin the application process by completing Steps 1-3.
- Submit the application online.
- Go back to the application to check your status for completeness.
- Check your email for further updates.
For admissions questions please contact the Admissions Office at 208-496-1300 or by email at email@example.com. You can also chat online.