We want to hear from you!

BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.

Brigham Young University Logo

Application Options

Course OfferingCertificateAssociate's DegreeHow to ApplyFAQs

Individual Courses

Current BYU-Idaho Students
Register for the family history courses using the BYU-Idaho online registration system as you normally would.

All Others
Apply online at as a "Continuing Education Non-Degree Seeking Student" and register for the family history courses. View a step-by-step Continuing Education registration guide
NOTE: Taking individual courses online will not satisfy the residency requirement to earn a degree or certificate. 

Certificate or Degree

Current BYU-Idaho Students
Talk to your academic advisor about adding the Family History Certificate or changing your major to Family History Research.

Former CES Students
If you have at least 15 credits from a Church school (BYU, BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDSBC), you are able to apply to BYU-Idaho's Online Degree Program to earn the certificate or degree. Note: These 15 credits must be earned in physical, on-campus studies, not through online or distance programs. You may also earn these 15 credits through the BYU-Idaho Pathway Program

Apply online at as an "Online Student" to earn a certificate or degree. View a step-by-step Online Degree  registration guide.

All Others
At this time we are not able to offer an online certificate or degree to students with less than 15 CES credits earned while physically on campus. You are welcome to apply as a continuing education student to take individual courses. 

Pathway Students

Pathway students may take individual courses or pursue a certificate or degree after they successfully complete Academic Start and are accepted into the Online Degree Program.

Need Help?

Contact the Online Support Center: