You are required to complete a project for NURS 340, 449, 400, and 450.
We have a new email! RNBSN@byui.edu
Course Clinical Information is specified below
Course Clinical Information
- Experiential activities for the 20 clinical hours requirement for this course are outlined as follows:
- As part of your coursework, you will have the opportunity to organize, advertise, and teach education session(s) with older adults (can be family members 60-years-old or older) in your community throughout the semester.
- At the end of the semester, you will be able to teach two older adults, according to priority needs, that have been identified from a needs interview assessment analysis.
- Further instructions are available via the instructor and course once it becomes available on I-Learn at the beginning of the semester.
Clinicals will be completed through two projects. The first is a Family Assessment Project and the second includes a Scholarly Paper, Health Presentation, PowerPoint, and Brochure. Further instructions are available via the instructor and/or course once it becomes available on I-Learn 3 at the beginning of the semester.
The clinical for this course is broken up into three distinct parts.
- 48 hrs project research/work
- 48 hours of Web-Based RN Education
- 12 hrs "Give Back"
- 24 hrs planning and implementing a virtual Health Fair clinical project
- To be completed as a Project or Preceptorship.
- Your clinical requirement for this course consists of selecting a project with or without a preceptor in leadership and management.
- The project should consist of 84 hours. Total clinical time includes: 2 pre-clinical assignments, all work coordinating and completing the project itself, and the creation of the final reflection/presentation.
RN to BSN Clinical Professional Dress:
The Clinical uniform for the RN-BSN Online Option (effective Fall 2015) is a White scrub top and Navy Blue scrub pants. No logo type shirts may be worn under the White scrub top. A Lab coat is not required, but is optional. Shoes are to be sturdy, non-skid, and closed toe. If you are employed by the same agency that you use for clinical, you may not wear your work scrubs at the time you are in clinical as a RN-BSN student. The RN BYU-Idaho badge must be worn in the community when completing assignments for the course that are theory, project or clinically related. The RN to BSN ID badge is to be worn for all class related activities. The new ID badge is grey and white. (If you have a blue RN to BSN ID badge, it does not need to be replaced.)
Please email a driver's license type photograph (shoulders up & a plain background) and your current mailing address to: BYU-Idaho Health Programs Outreach HPO@byui.edu. Badges may take up to 3 weeks for the full process.