Program Update for Prospective Students
Brigham Young University-Idaho Department of Nursing is offering a pre-licensure baccalaureate program in FALL 2015, replacing the associate degree program.
The BSN program prepares students to deliver quality patient care and practice in all health care settings. Students will be prepared to meet the practice demands of evolving and complex health care systems.
- Be a full-time matriculated student at BYU-Idaho.
- Any student is eligible to apply if they have met the pre-requisites and have not exceeded 45 BYU-I credits. All students including transfer students will be evaluated based on number of BYU-I credits at time of application.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in all college courses and in nursing prerequisites. Minimum grade of B, or 3.0, in each course prerequisite to nursing.
- Take pre-nursing exam. Check back for updates on testing locations and deadlines.
- Health related work or volunteer experience (missionary service, etc.) are highly encouraged.
Course listings and admission requirements may change anytime.
Admission to the BYU-I Department of Nursing is contingent upon the submission of current background clearance, malpractice insurance, liability insurance, CPR certification, drug and alcohol testing, and immunization records.
Application and Admissions
Applications are completed online(Information will be available soon). Admission and selection deadlines are to be announced.
Admission to the BSN program will be contingent upon successful completion of all nursing pre-requisites. Applicants must be enrolled in NURS 105.
All BSN students attend class year-round. BYU-Idaho's three-track system does not apply to nursing students. Part-time study options are not available.
What if I am already an RN and want to earn my BSN?
Visit our RN to BSN completion page for information on earning your BSN.
Prerequisites in Recommended Program of Study:
|1||FDENG 101||Writing and Reasoning Foundations||3|
|1||FDMAT 108||Mathematical Tools for the Real World||3|
|1||FDREL 121||Book of Mormon||2|
|1||BIO 264||Anatomy and Physiology 1||3|
|1||BIO 264L||Anatomy and Physiology Lab||1|
|1||CHEM 101||Introductory General Chemistry||3|
|1||CHEM 101L||Introductory Chemistry Laboratory||1|
|Freshman 2||Total 16|
|2||FDAMF 101||American Foundation||3|
|2||FDCA 101 or 200-level||Cultural Awareness||2 or 3|
|2||FDREL 122||Book of Mormon||2|
|2||NURS 105||Introduction to Nursing||2|
|2||BIO 265||Anatomy and Physiology 2||3|
|2||BIO 265L||Anatomy and Physiology Lab||1|