- A BYU-Idaho Cumulative GPA of 3.5 based on at least one 12 credit semester, is required at the time of application and selections
- The highest grade entered in a course which has been retaken will be used for Associate Degree Selections. Original and retake grades will no longer be averaged.
- Complete at least one 12-credit semester (university or college)
- Complete BIO 264 and BIO 265 with a grade of "B" or higher (B- and below do not qualify)
- Kaplan Pre-Admission Test: to be taken in the testing center berfore application is submitted
- Criminal Background Check
- Specific Physical and Mental Requirements
- Unlike other BYU-Idaho students, students admitted to the Nursing Program must complete course work in 4 consecutive semesters once admitted to the ASN Program. This is not optional. It is the student's responsibility to ensure matriculation without interruption.
Associate Degree Special Program Requirements. In addition to the Admission Requirements, students admitted to the program are required to submit the following:
- Specified Health Exam
- Tuberculosis screening (required annually)
- Immunization documentation
- Hospitals require students have specific immunizations, including an annual Flu vaccine.
- CPR training
- American Heart Association Health Provider only is accepted.
- Any other certification will be denied and candidate will be required to take the specified course.
- Malpractice Insurance: Provided and paid for by the University
- Liability Release
- Transportation: you must make your own arrangements