How to Apply to the Program
- Review the ASN Program admission requirements.
- Apply to BYU-Idaho at www.besmart.com.
- While completing one full academic semester of 12 or more credits INCLUDING at least one prerequisite course with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at BYU-Idaho or other college or university, submit the ASN Program Application.
- To complete the application you must:
- Complete the Background check at www.certifiedbackground.comand click on "Students." In the Package Code box, enter the package code listed below.
- If you are 20 years or younger your code is: RG85
- If you are 21 years or older your code is: RG85-21
- Have your recommendation forms completed. (two are required and one must be from a former employer)
- Acquire your college transcripts.
- Original transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended AND
- An unofficial BYU-Idaho transcript* must be submitted to the Department of Nursing with the ASN Application. (*Print the BYU-Idaho transcript the day the application is submitted.)
- Take the Kaplan Pre-Admission Examin the BYU-Idaho Testing Center.
- Scores are currently being used by the Department of Nursing for research and will not be used in selections or affect a student's opportunity for admission.
- Complete currently enrolled prerequisite courses with a "B" or higher grade.
- Review the requirements for admitted ASN students and the program notes.
Reapplying for the Nursing Program
A new page 1 application must be submitted by the deadline for each successive semester a student wishes to be considered for admission.
- Though not required, students may update any portion of the application prior to the deadline.
- Students may apply a maximum of three times to the ASN Program.