Program Outcomes and Assessment
University Outcome 1: Students become disciple leaders as they understand and commit to live the principles of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to cooperate with others.
- Program Outcome 1 The graduate will develop a professional nursing identity by demonstrating accountability through the application of the principles of the CES Honor Code in academic, clinical and leadership activities and by integrating Christ-centered care in their professional nursing practice.
University Outcome 2: Students become lifelong learners as they locate, evaluate, and appropriately use needed information and master strategies to continually gain and apply knowledge and skills in new situations.
- Program Outcome 2: The graduate will be a lifelong learner as they nurture their spirit of inquiry and pursue baccalaureate education.
University Outcome 3: Students become creative and critical thinkers as they apply reflective reasoning, logic and quantitative analysis to new ideas, opinions, and situations and analyze problems and challenges from fresh perspectives that offer innovative solutions.
- Program Outcome 3 The graduate will use nursing knowledge, patient information, and informatics, to advocate for ethical, legal, and safe care across the life span.
- Program Outcome 4: The graduate will develop a professional nursing identity by demonstrating a spirit of inquiry with integration of evidence-based practice and principles of quality improvement to deliver optimal health care.
University Outcome 4: Students become effective communicators as they present ideas and arguments clearly through oral, written, and visual form and listen, understand, and effectively engage others in varied settings.
- Program Outcome 5 The graduate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of a competent nursing professional including safe and effective delegation skills and effective communication and collaboration with patients, families, communities, and inter-professional teams.
University Outcome 5: Students become skilled professionals as they develop deep learning in a discipline and broad skills leading to self-reliance and develop professional and ethical values and practices.
- Program Outcome 6: The graduate will utilize clinical reasoning to identify and resolve problems by integrating the nursing process in implementing patient-centered care, evaluating outcomes of care, and making appropriate changes as indicated to improve quality of care.
University Outcome 6: Students become engaged citizens as they fulfill family, religious, and civic responsibilities and develop empathy for their fellowmen and understanding of world religion, culture, history, literature, science, and the arts.
- Program Outcome 7: The graduate will utilize clinical reasoning to identify and resolve problems by integrating the nursing process in implementing patient-centered care, evaluating outcomes of care, and making appropriate changes as indicated to improve quality of care.