University Outcome 1: Students become disciple leaders as they understand and commit to live the principles of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to cooperate with others.
- Program Outcome 1: The graduate will develop a professional nursing identity by demonstrating accountability through internalization of the principles of the CES honor code in acedemic, clinical, and leadership activities and by integrating Christ-centered care in their professional nursing practice.
University Outcome 2: Students become lifelong learners as they locate, evaluate, and appropriately use needed information and master strategies to continually gain and apply knowledge and skills in new situations.
- Program Outcome 2: The graduate will be a lifelong learner as they nurture their spirit of inquiry and indicate intent to pursue graduate nursing education.
University Outcome 3: Students become creative and critical thinkers as they apply reflective reasoning, logic and quantitative analysis to new ideas, opinions, and situations and analyze problems and challenges from fresh perspectives that offer innovative solutions.
- Program Outcome 3: The graduate will articulate the integration of critical reasoning to identify and resolve problems by synthesizing principles of communication in teaching and learning in multi-cultural populations, and by critiquing and applying published research in evidence-based practice.
University Outcome 4: Students become effective communicators as they present ideas and arguments clearly through oral, written, and visual form and listen, understand, and effectively engage others in varied settings.
- Program Outcome 4: The graduate will initiate delegation and inter-professional collaboration and present ideas and arguments clearly through oral, written, and visual forms.
University Outcome 5: Students become skilled professionals as they develop deep learning in a discipline and broad skills leading to self-reliance and develop professional and ethical values and practices.
- Program Outcome 5: The graduate will incorporate knowledge, skills and attitudes of a competant nurse in practice by merging comprehensive leadership principles and population assessments into plans that foster patient self-stewardship.
- Program Outcome 6: The graduate will integrate evidence-based practice and principles of quality improvement in designing legal, ethical, and safe patient care.
University Outcome 6: Students become engaged citizens as they fulfill family, religious, and civic responsibilities and develop empathy for their fellowmen and understanding of world religion, culture, history, literature, science, and the arts.
- Program Outcome 7: The graduate will advocate for patients, families and populations in ways that respect diversity and promote growth and development as children of God.