Courses & Sequences
BYU-Idaho requires the minimum completion of 120 total credits for a Baccalaureate degree. In part, RN-BSN students meet this requirement by completing the following courses in one of the following two sequences:
|Course No.||Course Title||Credits||3 Semester Sequence||6 Semester Sequence|
|NURS 316||Professional Seminar||2||1st Semester||1st Semester|
|NURS 338*||Nursing Research||3||1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|NURS 327||Physical Assessment||3||2nd Semester||3rd Semester|
|NURS 449||Community Nursing||5||2nd Semester||4th Semester|
|NURS 400||Advanced Nursing Concepts||5||3rd Semester||5th Semester|
|NURS 450||Nursing Leadership||5||3rd Semester||6th Semester|
|NURS 331||Vertical Escrow Credits||6||Apply for 3rd Semester||Apply for 5th Semester|
|BIO 381*||Pathophysiology||3||At your leisure|
|FDREL||Foundation Religion Courses||4-6||At your leisure|
|FDREL 200*||Family Foundations||2||At your leisure|
|FDCNC 350*||Foundations Capstone: Analytical Thinking & Moral Judgment||2||At your leisure|
Nursing (NURS) courses are completed in a specific sequence to allow flexibility and guarantee the completion of the nursing courses in a timely manner. Apply for Vertical Escrow Credits during or following your completion of NURS 327 and NURS 400.
Graduation requirements will vary depending on your particular circumstances. The following conditions may affect your required course work:
- Your BYU-Idaho catalog year used to determine your requirements (link to http://www.byui.edu/catalog/?cid=fli:116 )
- The total number of official credits listed on your transcripts (link to http://www.byui.edu/Documents/catalog/2013-2014/Graduation.pdf )
- The total number of transferable credits accepted from other colleges/universities based on current articulation agreements (link to http://www.byui.edu/transfer-evaluation )
- The total number of BYU-Idaho Foundations / General Education course requirements completed
*These courses have prerequisite requirements:
- The prerequisite course for NURS 338 is FDMAT, 108, 221A, 221B, or 221C. (Having FDMAT 108 waived as a University requirement does NOT waive the prerequisite to NURS 338.)
- The prerequisite courses for BIO 381 are BIO 264 & BIO 265, or BIO 461.
- The prerequisite for FDREL 200 is the completion of 24 credits.
- The prerequisite courses for FDCNC 350 are a combination of 3 Foundations courses (i.e. FDAMF 101, FDENG 201, FDSCI 101).
For clarification regarding academic degree requirements, please consult with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Academic Discovery Center at (208) 496-9839 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.