Program Update for Prospective Students
For students interested in applying for the Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program for Fall 2015 Semester, the application period will be open on February 25, 2015 and will close on April 15, 2015.
Prospective students will apply through NursingCAS, an online centralized application service operated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). NursingCAS offers a convenient and efficient web-based application which tracks the receipt of your application, transcripts, and references and also allows you to check your application status online. A $45.00 application fee will apply and Is payable to NursingCAS at the time of application.
Before you apply:
- Contact individuals you would like to have for references. Please select one personal reference and one professional/employer reference. (NURS 105 Faculty will not complete a personal reference, but will submit a summary of your class participation and aptitude to the BSN Selections Committee)·
- Prepare copies of certificates, licensures, and unofficial college/university transcripts
- Update your resume and service records
- Schedule your Pre-Admission Exam at the Testing Center by contacting 208-496-1760 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your BYU-I email, I-number, and personal contact information
- Obtain a medical exam by completing the following document included in attachment
- Students with English as a Second Language will need to take the TOEFL exam and achieve a minimum score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), or 100 (web-based)
- Program Eligibility is determined by the following :
- Full-time matriculated student at BYU-Idaho
- Minimum 3.5 Cumulative GPA at time of application
- Minimum "B" (3.0) grade or higher in these courses: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, and CHEM 101L
- Must have completed two of the following Foundation Courses: FDENG 101, FDSCI 101, FDAMF 101, or FDMAT 108
- Minimum 67% Pre-Admission Exam composite score
- Maximum of 45 BYU-Idaho credits The BSN application is located at the following link:https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com/ In order to apply through the NursingCAS website, you will need to create an account.
Brigham Young University-Idaho Department of Nursing is offering a pre-licensure baccalaureate program in FALL 2015, replacing the associate degree program.
The BSN program prepares students to deliver quality patient care and practice in all health care settings. Students will be prepared to meet the practice demands of evolving and complex health care systems.
- Be a full-time matriculated student at BYU-Idaho.
- Any student is eligible to apply if they have met the pre-requisites and have not exceeded 45 BYU-I credits. All students including transfer students will be evaluated based on number of BYU-I credits at time of application.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in all college courses and in nursing prerequisites. Minimum grade of B, or 3.0, in each course prerequisite to nursing.
- Take pre-nursing exam. Check back for updates on testing locations and deadlines.
- Health related work or volunteer experience (missionary service, etc.) are highly encouraged.
Course listings and admission requirements may change anytime.
Admission to the BYU-I Department of Nursing is contingent upon the submission of current background clearance, malpractice insurance, liability insurance, CPR certification, drug and alcohol testing, and immunization records.
Application and Admissions
Applications are completed online(Information will be available soon). Admission and selection deadlines are to be announced.
Admission to the BSN program will be contingent upon successful completion of all nursing pre-requisites. Applicants must be enrolled in NURS 105.
All BSN students attend class year-round. BYU-Idaho's three-track system does not apply to nursing students. Part-time study options are not available.
What if I am already an RN and want to earn my BSN?
Visit our RN to BSN completion page for information on earning your BSN.
Prerequisites in Recommended Program of Study:
|1||FDENG 101||Writing and Reasoning Foundations||3|
|1||FDMAT 108||Mathematical Tools for the Real World||3|
|1||FDREL 121||Book of Mormon||2|
|1||BIO 264||Anatomy and Physiology 1||3|
|1||BIO 264L||Anatomy and Physiology Lab||1|
|1||CHEM 101||Introductory General Chemistry||3|
|1||CHEM 101L||Introductory Chemistry Laboratory||1|
|Freshman 2||Total 16|
|2||FDAMF 101||American Foundation||3|
|2||FDCA 101 or 200-level||Cultural Awareness||2 or 3|
|2||FDREL 122||Book of Mormon||2|
|2||NURS 105||Introduction to Nursing||2|
|2||BIO 265||Anatomy and Physiology 2||3|
|2||BIO 265L||Anatomy and Physiology Lab||1|