BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
Writer: Writer: Andy Cargal
In case you missed all of the exciting happenings over the past year, here's a glimpse at the university's top stories.
1. New program takes the "distance" out of distance learning
The Pathway program combines the strengths of online learning with the benefits of gathering together with other students. The program is currently offered in 32 U.S. cities and three international locations at a relatively low cost.
2. Eight academic degrees go online
BYU-Idaho will soon offer eight more of its academic degrees online. Students can begin enrolling in most online degree programs as soon as Winter 2012.
3. Fall semester sees largest enrollment to date
Statistics for Fall Semester 2011 show a total enrollment of 15,102 students, nearly a thousand more than last fall and the highest enrollment figures to date.
4. Construction begins on outdoor amphitheater
This addition to campus will hold a 300-seat outdoor amphitheater, which may be used for a variety of campus events.
5. Central campus gets a facelift
The Taylor Quad is undergoing renovations to both beautify the space as well as make it more handicap accessible.
6. Faculty members guide Peruvians to safe waters
Two BYU-Idaho health science instructors distributed more than 300 water pasteurization indicators (WAPI) to residents of Cusco, Peru, in March.
7. KBYI moves to 94.3 FM, enhances programming
The music and news Southeast Idaho has come to love on KBYI 100.5 FM now has a new home.
8. Soybean test crop could change agriculture in the region
BYU-Idaho is in its second year of a research project testing the growth of soybeans in Rexburg. If they end up growing well here, this could drastically change agriculture in the region, giving farmers another way to generate profit.
9. Interior Design program awarded "Excellence in Education" award
For the fourth year in a row, BYU-Idaho's Department of Interior Design is awarded the Excellence in Education award by the National Kitchen and Bath Association.
10. Advertising team takes on jcpenney, makes history
Students won the district competition and advanced to nationals in June where they competed against approximately 20 other universities.
For a complete list of stories from 2011, click here.